Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Rune of Change

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that's a nice start ^_^

Set off at around 6 to Sun Plaza and met Yilun and Stanely, Terry and Jim(The last 3 I'm not familiar with).
They were having a KOF war, as expected... After some time, Nelson and Hui Kit and Kok Wei came respectively, then they had a bigger war... the credits even shot up to 9 credits! I din participate though, I just watched them throughout the war.

After the LONG war, we went to the cinema just in time to get our tickets for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, TMNT for short. The showing time was 9:20, and we went through the usher just nice at 9:20 -_-" At least we managed to settle down right before it started, so we din missed any part of the show. =)

After the show, I walked round Sun Plaza to accompany Yilun, Nelson, Hui Kit and Kok Wei to McDonald. The former 3 stayed for supper(?) then kw and I went home...

==============================================

My first birthday greeting is from.... AH BLL! Thanks~
His birthday present was 1 million neopoints, a neopian birthday card and some info...
Haiz... Turn 18 le.. somehow I'm not really happy enough to celebrate it...

=============================================

To all my ardent fans(readers), I'll make it up for my lack of posts by giving a movie and food review ^_^
Normally if that day was spent like any other, eating, sleeping, playing or messing around online, I won't have anything to post about, resulting in less posts...

============================================

Movie Review: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

First off, I would like to say that the ever infamous evil boss/bad guy of TMNT, Shredder, is NOT in this movie... *faint*

The opening scene was talking about a legend 3000 years ago: a warrior lead his army to fight, then they found a portal to another dimension. The portal gave the warrior immortality, in return, each and every generals and soldiers of his were turned into stone. And 13 abominable monsters were also released from the portal. (Din really catch much, guess I wasn't paying enough attention =P)

I dunno which time slot this movie fits into the cartoon series on TV...

Then the scene change to the current time. Briefly said, Leonardo, the leader of the TMNT, is sent into some jungle place for training, and protects a nearby village from outsiders like hunters or robbers of sort. The villagers called him the 'ghost of the forest' or something. Then April came to look for Leo to ask him to return.

Raphael has been fighting crime in the guise of the Night Watcher, wearing armours and helmet so he can't be recognised (reminds me of Spiderman)

Donatello, the giz whiz, has a job which.. erm.. I think he was supposed to pick up calls and help them? Dunno what company he works for... but the only scene about his work was a call from a complaining customer.. LOL

Michelangelo, the comical one, has an even weirder job.. He IS a turtle, but he dresses up in a turtle costume and go to birthday parties to let the kids bully. Yeah, well, you know...

Back to the main storyline, April brought a stone statue back after she visits Leonardo. She transported the statue with the help of Casie/Casey.. BAH! to a building... Can't remember what that company did, I think it caters in everything.. lol
After some scenes, it was revealed that the statue, altogether 4 statues, were the generals that were turned into stone 3000 years ago, and the boss who asked April to deliver them, was trying to resurruct them.

*spoilers
The boss was actually the warrior which was made immortal. And he wanted his generals' help to capture the 13 monsters to send back to the portal, so that his immortality would be removed and he would die.
I guess he realised the pain of being unable to die...
end of spoilers*
-------------
I have watched the old, and I mean OLD series of TMNT cartoons and the recent ones except the 'Fast Forward' series, and I think I expected too much.
Overall, it was a nice movie, some fighting and non fighting scenes were cool and comical at the same time, mostly because of Mikey =)
The movie was generally too short for me.. I think if there were more details and storyline, it would be better.
The ending was rather lame.. but it was still OK

To describe this movie in one word:
COWABUNGA!~

==============================================
Food Review: Pizza

Before that, I should say that I had this food review NOT because the TMNTs love pizza...
It is just a coinidence =)

First, the famous Pizza Hut.
I think Pizza Hut's pizza has the best taste, the ingredients and ESPECIALLY CHEESE is great, but the crust is rather thick.. so you would be eating alot of bread -_-"
Price: Around $16 - regular

The second pizza that appeared in my life is the Canadian Pizza.
Overall, the taste is quite good, but the cheese MISERABLE. Though the crust was thin, the amount of cheese was too little to have a good taste, but the ingredients were OK
Price: Around $21 - 2 regular (duh, its 2 for 1)

Finally, I just had one to myself today, Pastamania.
The crust is really thin, and the cheese and ingredients were really good (but I think they used picnic ham, cos it had the same taste as the picnic ham bought in NTUC or such)
Best if all, it's not oily! Even after finishing the pizza, my hands were only a little bit oily.
Price: A WHOPPING $10! - regular

In my opinion, if you can afford it, Pizza Hut has the BEST tasting pizza to be offered, maybe you could top it up to stuffed crust.
But I can really content myself with Pastamania's rather 'homemade' tasty pizza.
ONE MORE THING! Pastamania does not offer home deliveries, so you have to go buy straight from the shop yourself. But trust me, its worth the $10, and they have some other nice food you can try.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~