Friday, April 24, 2009

Double Edge

Woot! I am now a 2nd year soldier! Exactly 1 more year to go!

But now that I think about it, I have only been in my unit for 10 months, cos 2 months of the year I was in Tekong.

Which means I have to go through more than double of what I already did! ARGH!

Well, it still is good news that I am nearer to riddance of green uniforms. The later half of my service is going to be a slow one..

Speaking of which, I will have to change to the new 'spinach pixel' uniform sometime in May I think.. Eww..

===============================================

Going through the army is quite a hell of experience.
I thought I would hate it. I did. I still do. And I think I still will.
But I can't deny what I have gained from it.

I myself would have noticed. I learned quite alot during my service. Changed somehow. And grew up a little. I hope.

The one thing I'm sure I didn't hate as much, was all the people I've met.

I'm acquainted with almost everyone in my unit, and also a few from other units, and almost all of them are real nice people. Friendly at the very least.

There are this few people, from different departments and timeline, from the beginning till now, that earned my strong affection.

They changed me, from little insignificant stuff, to major factors of my life.

I don't want to name them, but I could share a little bit about them.
Maybe you could fit the profile to someone if you're good enough? I doubt so haha..

===============================================
===============================================

This guy was the first person that stepped into my boundaries of personal life. He was a medic, and a disruptee at that. He was the first reason that made me dread army less than.. well just less. We went out often during a period of time. Mostly movies and eating.. and eating.. LoL!

Somehow, he was a factor in my decision to pursue my studies again.
(P.S. I think I'm losing my motivation to study.. =x )

After he left, we sort of.. well.. fell apart..


===============================================

Next up, an RP. I suppose I had no work relations with him almost at all. But we got to know each other because we were in the same unit, so interactions was inevitable.

He was a huge factor of my changes in personal life, my critical points at that: Music & Gaming.
This 2 common interests are enough to make me like anybody.

He gave me different perceptions in music, letting me appreciate artistes I wouldn't have before.
And most importantly, enhancing my library of songs XD

My fellow KoF players would know that having their own main team of characters that they excel in is extremely important. Because of this guy, I actually changed my entire team and play style.

He was my favourite person I knew from camp. He still is. Even though he left quite long ago..

===============================================

Now this guy here, is abit complicated. He was the Docu IC, the leader of the clerks in my department, and the 'big brother' of our group. He was a great both.
Skip some details here..

Anyway, 3 days before he left, it was suddenly decided that I will take over his position. O_O
Then I have to understudy everything from him within that 3 days.
So he just gave me a crash course. Kind of amazing I'm still surviving now.. Maybe I'm not that bad after all =P

So, I inherited his job, old documents, unfinished stuff, and.. some habits..
I guess I wanted to try to be like him. But at the same time, I wanted to be myself.
Contradiction much?

===============================================

In between now and then, there was a period of time where I thought I would decide to just grit my teeth through the whole service. And don't care about anything. Because I had nothing to look forward to anymore.

Then this guy decided to drop in and make me feel better.
He's a Lifeguard. Yea a Lifeguard! Didn't thought they had a vocation for that in army before I enlisted.. (Kit, maybe you will get this if you're lucky enough?)

He has this kiddy and innocent personality, at least from what I see. I think half of his brain is made up of 'Food, Food, Food'. Even after finishing a meal, he can suddenly rub his belly and tell you "Ei, hungry leh.."
But even so, he's actually quite buffy and conscious about the food he eats.
I think he might be influencing me to be more health conscious too.. Haha..

But every now and then when we're walking outside, he would suddenly tell you
"Hey, pretty girl neh"
Not so innocent after all? Haha..

===============================================

This guy is my new officer. I guess he's just here to add to the fun? LoL
He's also quite the childish and fun type. At least there's someone to make my work time less dreadful.

===============================================

Then, there is this female sergeant. She's the senior medic~ She's like, the belle of the camp. At least most of us think so xD
I think she's only 26 or something this year. Sad thing is, she decided to leave the army somewhere in august. Heard she wanted to be something like a Wedding Planner?
Good decision I think. But there won't be anyone trustworthy to draw blood for me when I have to after she's gone T_T

Oh I missed one point.
She's married. -______-

I forgot how, but she became both a working contact point, and a personal friend. She's the kind of friend you would love to have, and the kind of enemy you would hate to offend.


===============================================

Of course, I couldn't leave this person out. We were posted to my unit together, and we didn't know we were from the same company in Tekong until that day!

Not long after we were posted, I realised we share a couple of common interests.
Specifically Ayu! Yeah he's a JPop fan too. Actually he's so 'Jap' that he's going migrate to Japan. But no idea when LoL.

Basically, he taught me almost everything I know about Japanese Language. ALMOST! =P

===============================================

Well, I don't think I would start on my chief clerk. I guess she's like a mother to us, and took care of the lot of us. And now that she got posted to CAC, I hardly see her in camp. Unless I have to run an errand there and decide to walk past her table to say hello.

===============================================
===============================================

That's about it..

I still have 1 whole year to go.. Makes me rather sad, watching everyone ORD and I still have such a long way to go..
Hope I can survive until then ba..

Hmm kind of forgot what else I wanted to say..

===============================================

Oh yeah, for the heck of it, I wanna do a 'lucky draw' thing!

This is what I'm going to do:
I will ask 2 questions. The first person to get the correct answer for either will win a free meal!
As for what the meal is, depends on what I feel like eating lor.

Question 1:
What song do I wake up to everyday?

Question 2:
What do I think is the most "me" song?

Yea, very random. I never said it's gonna be easy.
There will be no time limit. This thing will end after someone wins.
No clues XD. Well for now anyway. Maybe I'll start giving clues timely.

===============================================

" Maybe it's supposed to hurt?.. "