Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Darkness Rune

I woke up around 11 today, then use the com until 2+.

Sometime later I smsed Yilun to confirm what time we were going to watch Spiderman 3 and with who.

Then I had nothing else to do, so watched TV until around 5 or 6. Then go online again.

At 7+ after taking my bath, I went to Sun Plaza to meet everyone else. Saw KokWei, YiLun, Nelson, and Alex.

Then we played KoF until the showing time, which was 9.

After we finished playing, KokWei and me went ahead to the cinema to wait for the others. Afterwhich, Yilun took the lift and arrived, then not long after Nel and Ding came too.

We decided to buy tickets for the 9:15 show instead.
FINALLY! I CAN WATCH SPIDERMAN 3!!!
===============================================

After the movie ended, KokWei went home alone cos he was heading the other way. Nel, Lun, Ding and me walked to 313 coffee shop.
Apparently Nel and Ding wanted to eat something (I think) then Lun accompany us there.
LoL They were walking me home as well. After we reach the coffee shop I went back home.

==============================================

Movie Review: Spider-Man 3

This is one of the BEST movie of the year that I have watched. I have already watched the 2 prequels of the Spiderman movies and I think this latest one is the best. Of course, this movie has been injected with frequent funny scenes.

To ensure this review is as spoiler-free as possible, I shall state the main characters' background stories.

Spiderman / Peter Parker
The hero of the show! YAY! The show starts about his steady relationship with his girlfriend, Mary Jane Watson. Through the show, their relationship will get hurt due to a various factors.
A meteor crashed somewhere, and a liquid-like substance known as the symbiote oozed out of the meteor, and followed Peter home. In his sleep, the symbiote takes possesion of his body, giving him greater power, but at the same time amplifying his emotions. During that that period, Peter was thinking about avenging his uncle, therefore the symbiote somehow made him 'evil'. And since it made the Spiderman suit black, for a while he was renamed as the Black Spiderman.

New Goblin / Harry Osborn
The best friend of Peter Parker. He mistook Peter as his father's killer, and wanted to avenge his father. At first you can see that he is a role of a 'bad guy', and attempted to kill Peter a few times. Near the ending, his family butler, who clearly knows the truth behind his father's death because he cleaned his wound, told Harry about it.
This is a part which I think is rather lame.. If that butler KNEW that his father killed himself accidentally, why didn't he clarify it with Harry in the first place? zzz..
Then, as the New Goblin, he helped Spiderman to save Mary Jane from Venom and the Sandman.

Edward "Eddie" Brock Jr. / Venom
This is my favourite character, not only in this movie, but in all Spiderman series.
Eddie Brock is a new photographer for the Daily Bugle. He is the kind of people that gets to his goals through flattery and smooth-talking. Since Peter is a photographer for the Daily Bugle too, a rivalry is formed naturally. After Spiderman got rid of the symbiote, it fell on to Eddie, and took his body instead, giving birth to Venom. Venom is somehow an 'anti-spiderman'. Although Venom has similar abilities as Spiderman, clearly he is stronger. The cause of his downfall, is the symbiote's weakness to sonic, or soundwaves.
At first when I saw Eddie Brock in the movie, I was thinking how come he looked familiar.. Then I just realised, he acted as Eric in a drama or something called "That 70's Show".
Although Venom is reliant on the symbiote and is strong because of it, I love him anyway.

Flint Marko / Sandman
An escaped convict. In the past, he robbed because he needed money for his sick daughter. Then he killed Peter's Uncle Ben by mistake. While trying to escape from the cops, he fell in a place where scientists were experimenting on 'particle acceleration'. Caught in the experiment, his whole body turns into sand. This is a kind of bad guy I like; being formless, he is virtually indestructable and can turn his body into any shape he likes. If the Sandmand and Spiderman were to fight indefinitely, Spiderman would surely lose. In the ending, Venom approached him and asked to join forces because Spiderman was their common enemy. Then after Venom was killed, he gave up fighting. Then he told Peter about the whole incident. Peter forgives him.

---

You can pretty much catch the storyline from all those character backgrounds already. Overall, it is a really great movie. Not only do you get to see all the cool actions and moves, the storyline is more 'in-depth' comparing to the previous 2 Spiderman movie.

This is one of the greatest movie event this year. I wonder how will my long-waited Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix fare? Hmm...