Double-Beat Rune
WooHoo~
My bro applied for the SingNet BroadBand liao~ 5Mpbs speed. I think it's around $55 monthly. Of course the bill is shared between 3 of us. But for now, there is a promotion so the installation is free, but there will be $50+ activation fee, then every 3 months there will be extra $25 charged for the telephone line used.
That's gonna drain me of my money.. But it's still worth it. After all the calculations, it's worth even more than the M1 plan I'm currently using.
If you compare them, the M1 I'm using is 1.8Mpbs and the monthly bill is $38 provided the data transfer does not exceed 5GB, and theres a $4 extra for every 1GB you use after that, up to 5 more GB.. which means I can only use up to 10GB a month for $58!
Now the SingNet, since we are sharing between 2 laptops, just divide the speed by 2, which is 2.5Mpbs. Already SingNet wins. The basic fee for the broadband is $55, again SingNet wins. Not to mention the worth of the speed.
Oh wait, theres more! While M1 only lets you use up to 10GB worth of data transfer, SingNet has no limitations!
An example, with the 10GB limit, I can only watch around 10GB worth of movies and with that pathetic download speed of 1.8Mpbs..
Then, with SingNet, I can watch movies non stop without a care (maybe the electricity bill..) with download a download speed of at least 2.5Mpbs..
And if my bro isn't using the com at the moment, I get the whole 5Mpbs to myself! WAHAHAHA!~
===============================================
Oh.. I think it made me sounds like I'm endorsing in SingNet.. but I am not! I'm just trying to tell how happy I am to rid myself of that M1 BroadBand plan.. And they actually dared to claim to be "BroadBand Unlimited" when there's a data bundle involved..
Maybe I'm complaining too much.. Let's stop here for now. Maybe until after the SingNet plan gets activated.
So, some guy will come to do his stuff on the 25th this month.. Thats more than 10 days later.. haiz still have to wait..
===============================================
Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!
14th July 8:40PM < < < That's the showing time for Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix!!
I'm so excited I can't sleep! Oh wait, that's because it's not bedtime yet.. =p
But I really can't wait to get my grubby eyes on the show!
The plan is to go to Daniel's house and play for a bit, then go with him to CWP. That would be around 6PM cos I still have to wait until his tuition finishes.
There's gonna be 17 of us! Me, Daniel, YongJie, and the rest are Daniel's friends all that, excluding all the strangers that's gonna flood the cinema hall!
===============================================
JBear Trivia!
From the last Trivia, I mentioned that we are able to see, because objects reflect light into our eyes. Let's get in-depth.
Each and everything you see, you can see them because it is reflecting whatever light there is into your eyes. So your eyes project the image made out of light into your brain. (Ever heard of optic nerves?)
It is true in all cases where it involves 'seeing'. For example the Television. The TV screen is actually projecting tiny particles of light that get's reflected on the TV screen. Maybe in the past you would think someone squeezed himself into the black box and started singing, but now you know.
---
How about colors? You can see colors, purely because of light. As you might have learned in school, light is made up of 7 colors. Don't make me list them.
First, an example. You see a red ball. When light falls onto the ball, the ball absorbs the light energy. Which means it absorbs all the colors in the light, except the 'red' inside the light. So, the 'red' can't get in, thus it get's 'kicked out', which means reflected.
A red ball is red, because it is reflecting red light into your eyes. Similarly, a lemon is yellow, because the lemon is reflecting the yellow light. So on and so forth.
---
Now, the universal Black and White. They are in a different case, but not far off. Since white is made up of all the colors, naturally every bit of the light gets reflected. Then, you see white.
So if a kid tells you the white paper is colorful, he's not lying, he's just dumb. I mean.. err.. you get what I mean.
Then black happens to be the opposite. A black color will absorb the whole of the light. Since there's no light, there's no color, so there's nothing! No nothing, black, nada.
---
That's about all for this topic.
Next will be how light and heat affects each other with reference to this post.
To be continued...